UCLA Behavioral Neurology Clinic
The UCLA Behavioral Neurology Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and management of early-onset Alzheimer's, FTD, and other Neurobehavioral Disorders. In addition to typical FTD, the clinic evaluates all focal brain degenerations associated with dementia.
Criteria for patient referral
- Presence of a change in behavior or thinking
- Strong suspicion of an underlying non-acute brain degeneration.
- Review of prior evaluations by Nurse Practitioner prior to the patient’s visit.
UCLA Behavioral Neurology Clinic evaluation:
- Usually involves two visits with scheduled tests in between the two appointments.
- May include a neuropsychological assessment, functional brain imaging, and specialized behavioral testing. (Neurogenetic assessment is also available.)
- Sends referring clinicians a summary consultation report upon completion of the evaluation.
- Provides the patient’s physician with medication and behavioral management strategies.
- Includes education for patients, families, and caregivers about these rare conditions.